Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Random Thoughts and Secret Things

Photo credit: PostSecret
Many Sundays Ago
I'm so scared that I will never find the place that feels like home. I've had this postcard in my "Interesting Junk" folder for pretty long time. I saved it from many PostSecret Sundays ago. Some days feel exactly like this.

Wall Street Saturday and the Safe Place
Wall Street was bad. And I think I speak for a large chunk of the movie-going public. I watched cos my Mum wanted to see it and well,  Shia was there. Looking past the unnecessary jargon overload (a comment I lifted from the J. Zafra's review here) and the thin storyline, what struck me the most was this exchange between Jake (Shia LaBeouf) and Winnie (Carrey Mulligan).

Winnie (which I though was an awful name if you're not a yellow bear whose other name is Pooh) had a blow up after finding out that Jake was making decisions behind her back. Her words were, we were supposed to make each other feel safe.


Chuck Tuesday and Home
After my disappointing Chuck preem (which I think has so much to do with Blanche overselling the preem thru a text that read, SOBRANG HINDI UNDERWHELMING) I thought Season 4 episode 2 redeemed the show for me. In confidence (secret lang) I teared up in the Chuck and Sarah closing scene. Sarah's line will  stay with me a long time, You are my home, Chuck.


Secret Thoughts Monday
The staple is always to find someone who 'gets' you, shares your 'things' and happily happens to be cute and/or hot. I've always described my ideal finding 'the one' as discovering 'home' and finding a relationship you can call your  'safe place'. The Wall Street line and the Chuck line unexpectedly brought to the surface feelings that have lay dormant a while now. And yeah, sometimes the feeling is kind of that, a quiet fear that what if I don't find find that 'place' that feels like home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...