Friday, January 29, 2010

From One Weirdo to Another

I kind of always knew I was different. I have my own little world where wit is top priority, SMS are fully spelled out, and the difference between 'your' & 'you're' and 'there' & 'their' are sacred. That among all the other things only I (and maybe a handful of other people who I happen to have not met yet) find amusing.

My rhythm has always been different. In hindsight, even back in grade school, I'd always been different. Sometimes it felt like the world held this Life Orientation that everyone turned up for that I was not told about. So I walk around feeling like this kid from a parallel universe, quietly looking if there are any in my circles who are part of my people.
It wasn't like I was ashamed of it or anything. I was secretly fascinated about being different. And then I met Tet and all of a sudden there was this person I can share 'being different' with. It was fun while it lasted, but he moved so the looking went on again.

Imagine my surprise when in one fascinating conversation, a new friend told me that she thinks I ~was born in the wrong country. Her words not mine, which made it all the more interesting. I've kept this parallel universe theory to myself  and it was a nice surprise to know someone else gets gets it :)

My favorite part of that Wednesday conversation has got to be this:
Me: I'm getting a little disturbed, I am talking to myself a lot lately.
Blanche: Don't worry, you're good. I role play in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...