Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wuss twice over

Yesterday, I tried the cycling class for the first time. From outside the glass walls of the room, it all looked normal and do-able -- I thought to myself, heck, I biked a lot when I was younger, how difficult could it be. Apparently, conceit has its costs. 5 minutes into the class and I was proven wrong, very wrong, into thinking that just because you biked as a kid you can survive a cycling class.

The class requires you to bike standing up pretty much the whole hour. Not to mention that while biking standing up, you have to do all these crunches and dance moves. They all look pretty easy, but when done on a bike, pedaling while standing up makes you writhe in pain. I tried standing up the first part of the class. For one, because I wanted to follow the instructor and two, it's a group class so every person that deviates from the norm is given mean stares with thought bubbles that say WUSS in all caps. But less than 5 minutes into trying to be obedient, my legs were crying out in pain. The pain was a killer, my legs feel like they just want to fall off my knees.

So I sat on the seat, and tried to recover. But every time I try to stand up, the sensation comes back and I am forced to sit. And well, take the mean stares and judging looks. Total wuss. What made it all the more embarrassing was I raised my hand when the instructor asked for first timers at the beginning of the class. So she kept asking me all throughout the class if I was doing okay. I give a weak smile and an unsure nod.

I really wanted the cycling class cause they make for killer legs. But gah, it kills you first before you get to the killer legs part. And I thought, falling asleep in yoga class was embarassing enough.

Anyhoo, since wuss is rad (at least with my life now), here's a scratch paper scribble on a moment of weakness :P

Had you been an ass, it would've been easier to tell if you felt the same. You can be something else to everyone and be this poster kid for nice for me. You are nice and well-mannered and pretty much everything I wanted a guy to be. It's just that, you're like that to everyone. You're nice to everyone, you look genuinely interested in everyone, and you make yourself really easy to like for everyone. If I put shades of meaning to how you are to me, I become the ass of a feeler, pretty much. I wish things were as easy as coming up to you, telling you that I like you, asking you if you like me back, and getting an answer. If your answer were yes, I'd be badass happy. If you're anwer were no though, we could still go on like usual and I can just drop the whole thing altogether. I'd figure you're not into me and we'd both move on and not be awkward.

But really, I can cross my fingers for three lifetimes and still not have that happen, the no part at least. I know I said the magic has gone along with the butterflies in the tummy, but that's just egotistical me trying to put on a winning face because a month into it and you still haven't shown clear signs that you're into me. As much as I'd want to be not into you anymore, I still am. And it sucks that I'm not sure about you. Bah, have dinner with me :|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...