Monday, April 19, 2010

TV Jitters

It's end of season for most shows across networks. Full-season shows all playing anywhere from episode 19 season finales to extended epsisode 23 finales for the supershow top-raters. I stumbled upon this article by Ausiello detailing his predictions on the fate of shows on the bubble.

My share of TV has gone up exponentially from just one show I religiously watch (before just How I Met Your Mother, and occasionally Gossip Girl and Grey's Anatomy) and now to whole hard drive's worth of shows I now all religiously follow (The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, 30Rock, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Accidentaly on Purpose, , One Tree Hill) plus some new shows I am trying to catch up on (The Office, Make It or Break It, Flashforward, Lie to Me). Yeah, I probably won't argue if you say this is a LOT of TV. Oh well, you love the things you love :p

Now it's decision time for TV network execs on whether to renew or can shows -- and during this thinking time, fans are in distress. Okay, I think I just grew a "nerd" sign on my forehead. But yeah, I think I speak for most TV fans when I say the shows grow on you. The show becomes personal as you laugh at more and more inside jokes and ponder the nuances of the show. So yeah, you can imagine the stress of guessing whether the show's coming back or not. Gah.

The Burbank crew: (from left to right) Colonel John Casey, Agent Sarah Walker, Chuck Bartowski, Ellie Bartowksi, Captain Awesome, and Morgan Grimes

Anyhoo, here's a rundown of show statuses from the Ausiello article:

ABC
Cougar Town: Already renewed.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing.
Modern Family: Already renewed

*I'm all smiles it's all clear for the ABC shows. Big grin.

CBS
Accidentally on Purpose: Could go either way.
The Big Bang Theory: Already renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Already renewed

*Great news that the McLaren's gang are staying along with the Caltech geeks but Accidentally on Purpose runs the chance of getting canned. I don't think am ready for no more Billie and Zac. Sad face.

FOX
Glee: Already renewed.


*I don't really follow Glee but I think it's a pretty entertaining show so I'm happy it's staying longer.

NBC
30 Rock: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Chuck: A safe bet. Could go either way.
The Office: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: Officially renewed
Trauma: A long shot.

*Looking pretty good on the NBC front. I'm happy 30Rock's going to rock a fifth season and The Office will still be running. My biggest potential heartbreak would be if Chuck gets axed. Oh dear God, please don't make Chuck go away. One the upside, Trauma's looking at slim chances of getting renewd, which just means bigger chances for Chuck to stay. Fingers crossed.

THE CW
Gossip Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Could go either way.

*For the CW shows, I wouldn't really sweat it. It's good news that GG got renewed. One Tree Hill risks getting canned, but I say it's been a good run for the 7 seasons. I still hope they get renewed, but if they don't I won't cry so much for this one.

***

Of all the shows, I would really really really be happy if Chuck gets renewed. Please get Chuck renewed. Canning it at 3 seasons is not so awesome. I betcha you'd have droves of people eating Subway sandwiches in the US to save Chuck and the Buy More's ass. Please NBC, don't let Chuck go yet. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...