Friday, February 18, 2011

Prelude to the Birthday Weekend

A little over 24 hours from now, I will be turning 24 :) And to jumpstart my birthday weekend, I have Mum to thank for my freshly changed new bed linens!

I am looking at a pretty uneventful weekend. And nope, I don't say that with a sigh. I say that with a quiet, happy smile :)

On Saturday, I will not wake up to the sound (or for my busted phone, to the vibration) of my alarm. I will wake up when my body wants to, look at an empty schedule, open for whatever calls on to my fancy. I will make time for "visioning" (yes, finally!), writing on my journal, watching all the TV I want, lounging around like an islander, maybe a haircut and a massage. No hurried schedule, no rush, no time-squeezing, only a leisurely considering of what to do next. Oh, the joy!

Now that I've come to terms with the fact that I really am a homebody, I will milk this weekend of all things that make a homebody happy. We're rocking this birthday weekend, domestic style! Hahaha!

Then Sunday, my actual birthday, small lunch with parents, maybe some shopping, and more leisurely wandering. This weekend will be good, I just know.

Happy birthday to meeee :)

P.S. On a totally unrelated note, I apparently have a standing invite to speak at the TUMCS Recognition Ceremonies. I told Dan I was gonna think about it over the weekend but really, I wanna do this. Heeee. Now the order of the day is -- to think up things to shake up to-cool-for-school 16-year olds. I'd love to be able to tell them things I wished my 16-year old self knew back then. This should be awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...