Thursday, March 24, 2011

10K on 2K Training Mileage and Some ISO Things

It's 6:21 PM and I am crazy tired. We just wrapped up a whole day of ISO Internal Audit. For the uninitiated,  ISO is a standard by which you get certified after complying with a set of standards on organization management or  environmental protection or both. An ISO certification means you meet way too many times about anything and everything in the company and use way too much paper than Mother Earth can tolerate. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ISO cos it's a good thing for putting order in organizations, it's just that... all that paper work is a bitch.

We started meeting at 9AM this morning, met til lunchtime, had a 40-minute break for lunch, resumed audit, moved audit locations, audited some more, moved audit locations back to the office again, audited some more, before we finally finally, thank the Lord, called it a day. I am drained beyond comprehension. (Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but I'm sticking with it cos it sounds good on the blog).

Now am gearing up to run my usual Thursday night run and I have no idea where to get the energy to run AT LEAST 5K. If it were an ordinary Thursday, I would've bailed on myself and totally gone home to NOT run. Maybe grab a 2-piece Chicken Joy on the way home. But I have a 10K on Sunday and so far this week, I have only logged 2K of running mileage and some wimpy cardio. There's no way I could survive my 10K by just 'winging it'.

So now, I'm gonna rest a bit, watch some Mr Sunshine, and then haul my ass out of the office and FORCE myselft to run. With only 2K training mileage, I don't think there's any other option.

Just to put it out there, I miss running. I haven't run in a while and I miss the whole routine of pounding the pavement, getting some solid alone time and feeling awesome after a good few rounds at the Acad Oval. I dread running tonight cos I am SO tired. But I really really WANT to and I really really HAVE to run tonight.

Alrighty, enough yakking for now. Resting a bit and then off I go to UP. This is me cheering myself on >> You go, kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...