Saturday, April 16, 2011

Washing It all Away

Last night I cried like I've never cried before. I cried so long and hard I couldn't breathe. I cried like a 5-year old and it felt good. I cried with someone and all that crying felt a little less lonely.

It felt like a washing away -- a washing away of all the misery of keeping all those bad feelings inside, a washing away of all that pretension that I am okay, a washing away of all those things that keep me from facing all that loneliness.

I wouldn't say all the loneliness went away. It still is there, and I think it will be for a while. But all that crying felt like a cleansing; like a facing of the music, like an admission that there is something wrong. And I guess only when you come to terms to the fact that there is something wrong will you be able to do something about it.

Maybe this will sound odd, but I'd recommend a good cry to any 24-ish yuppie, to any young adult at the cusp of that straddle between being someone's kid and being their own person, to anyone at the helm of any kind of loneliness. You'd think it's pointless cos it probably won't do anything to change your situation but I'd tell you otherwise. It doesn't change your situation but it changes you.

A good cry is like a "refresh" button. Maybe yours is a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...