Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bentang benta!

In the midst of my brain stuffed full (I never said it was all important stuff), group dynamics gone haywire, and the general hohum feeling I've been nursing for the longest time, The Morning Rush managed to crack me up. Fan love gets the better of me, I guess. I'm here in the BA lib finishing work for the Culminight, and of course, free nternet access always wins me over. Anyhoo, I was checking Chico's blog when I came across his Top Ten post. At the risk of looking like a total doofus because I am alone here in the library table, stifling laughter like a retard, I shall repost and share.

For the uninitiated, let me share about the Morning Rush. I call the Morning Rush my One Undying Devotion. Haha. It's a morning show at RX 93.1 hosted by Chico and Delle that runs from 6 to 9. It has a special segment called the Top Ten where the hosts announce a topic for the day and the listeners text in their answers. Chico (or Delle on Wednesdays) picks out 30 entries in all and announces them in fives every thirty minutes. You get the drill. This Top Ten's topic was: Dumbest Things You've Ever Heard Anyone Say. It's hands-down funny!

Funnier thing is, I've downloaded an audio version of this already, but reading it now still cracks me up! This is hilarious. So here's a ripoff of the Top Ten from Chico's blog:

  • Dongster - While watching the news yesterday about a kid killed by a bulldozer, our maid commented: “Kaya ayoko mag-alaga ng aso eh…”
  • Loipogi - Nadia Montenegro promoting her movie: “Please watch ‘The Life Story of Julie Vega’, opening na po on the twenty-twoth of November.”
  • Frederique - In a burger joint I heard a man say: “Miss, isa ngang ‘amusing’ aloha at saka ‘kidney’ meal.” Server: “Dine in po ba or to go?” The man answered: “Ayoko ng sago!”
  • Marissa - My friend said: “Ang galing ‘no, yung Ash Wednesday last year , Miyerkules din pumatak!”
  • Dukeman - My aunt was going to the US for the 1st time. She told us: “Nagpapabili ang tita niyo ng ‘autistic’ guitar. Saan ba nakakabili nun?”
  • No name - Barker ng bus: Ah Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao, Cubao!!!” Pasahero: “Boss, Cubao?”
  • Slowbyslow - I overheard a lady place an order at Starbucks: “One cup of chino please.”
  • Ruby - My sister said of our neighbor who was our arch enemy: “Mamatay na sana kapitbahay natin!” I told her not to say that, coz it might bounce back to us. Then she said, “Ah ganun ba yun? In that case, mamatay na sana tayo!”
  • Asht - I had a meeting with a friend and I noticed that both of us were wearing stripes. He suddenly blurted out: “Uy, stripes din! It’s the color of the day!”
  • Jonalou22 - From the gameshow “The Weakest Link”. Host Edu Manzano asked: “Anong ‘T’ ang ibinibigay ng konduktor pag nagbayad ka ng pamasahe sa bus?” Ian Veneracion answered: “TUKLI!”

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...