Friday, July 30, 2010

Channeling the Whining

I just had a (breakthrough) thought this morning.


The more I keep whining about my situation, the more irritated I get. I am part of the story and there is no way I can find it in me to you know, rise above.


What if, a pretty big what if, I write about the situation? This thought is brought to you by "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" by David Sedaris.



This way, not only will my mind consciously think about novel ways to look at my situation in humorous ways, but also, I will effectively be able to rise above. The rising above not necessarily because I am the big person, but because I have to, since I will take on the role of omniscient story teller.


Yes, I will still be part of the story. Yes, some of the humor may be on me because I still am an idiot at times (the hope is that, only sometimes). But being the storyteller will mean I will have to zoom out. I will be forced to see whatever irk or irritating daily anecdote snapped against the whole situation picture.


Today may be the only time I have seriously considering laughing at my lot. And I must say, I'm surprised at the relief. I may or may not write. But whether the writing is successful or not, I will be forever grateful at this idea (stupid as it may sound) that gave me this awesome paradigm shift. And in fair, I can quote Inception for this!


What is the most resilient parasite? An idea. NIIICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...